What Essential Oils are Good for Sore Muscles
If you are suffering from muscle pain that won’t go away for a couple of days, maybe you need to try some of the essential oils that we recommend in this article. Here, we will tell you what factors that can cause muscle pain and what essential oils are good for sore muscles. Please kindly read the information below.
Factors causing muscle pain
Muscle pain can be so troublesome. It can hinder you to do your daily activity normally. To treat this muscle pain appropriately, you should firstly know what factors that are possible to cause the muscle pain. Muscle pain can occur because of the following reasons:
- A hard workout is the most common cause of muscle pain. Not only a hard workout, but a long ordinary workout can also cause the pain to occur if you are not getting used to it.
- The second cause of muscle pain is the pain or fatigue that often occurs after an illness. Particular illness makes you stay on your bed and do nothing. Believe it or not, doing nothing and suffering from an illness can also cause an extreme fatigue.
- The stress and tension resulted from work can also cause the pain that occurs in your shoulders, neck, and head.
- The trip that takes a long time can also cause the joint stiffness which result in a sore muscle.
- The last cause of muscle pain is injury or trauma.
What essential oils are good for sore muscles
If you feel that your muscle pain start preventing you from doing your daily activity normally, you do not need to worry. Here we have some recommendations of essential oils that are good to treat your sore muscle.
This purple flower is known for its sweet and relaxing smell that can calm your nerves. But, besides its ability to bring calmness because of its pleasant smell, lavender can also relieve your muscle pain because of its anti-inflammatory agent. This type of essential oil is undeniably good for healing the muscle swelling, improving your blood circulation, and calming your nerve which then results in the stress and anxiety relief.
There are several methods to use the lavender essential oil, such as inhaling its scent, mixing some drops of the oil with coconut oil before applying it to your skin, adding the oil into a diffuser to help you sleep well, and adding few drops of it to your warm bath.
Most of us know turmeric is widely used as a spice and also a dying agent, but many of us do not know that it can also be used to make an essential oil that has many benefits, one of them is to heal the muscle pain. Many agents contained in turmeric essential oil are effective to prevent the production of harmful enzyme that can increase soreness on the muscular and skeletal system.
Not only lavender, but rosemary is also an example of essential oil that has a very pleasant and earthy aroma that can calm your nerves. Because of its benefits, some people even call rosemary as a miracle plant. For your information, rosemary essential oil contains a very high level of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents. This is the reason why rosemary is very powerful to relieve your sore muscles.